Broccoli is one of my favourite vegetables, so tasty and healthy. I would hazard a guess that it is probably the vegetable I eat most. This is one of those shockingly easy, almost cheating dinners, and yet it tastes great. You can serve it with rice, mash or a side of vegetables, whatever takes your fancy. It sounds strange to mix curry powder with chicken soup and mayo but it does taste yum! Its often called Chicken Divan also.
Chicken and Broccoli Bake:
Serves 2, 6pp per serving
- 2 Chicken breasts, cubed.
- Half head of Broccoli, Cut into Florets
- 1 Can of Condensed Low Fat Chicken Soup
- 1 Tbsp Light Mayonnaise
- Splash of Milk
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Slice White Bread – Blitz this into breadcrumbs
- Pop the broccoli in a pan and parboil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the chicken breast pieces in a pan. Once cooked, transfer into an oven dish.
- Drain the broccoli and add to the oven dish, spreading evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, milk, curry and soup.
- Stir this mixture into the oven dish with the chicken and broccolli.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and then place the oven dish in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling around the edges.