In my head, pastry topped pies are the devils food when it comes to loosing weight! Well, amongst other varied devine foods! So in my quest to be able to turn all of my favourite foods into healthy versions of them selves, I had to take this one on! Besides, my other half would eat pie for every meal if he could! A fellow foodie friend came to visit last week so it was the perfect opportunity to take on this one! Try it out, its tasty!
Chicken, Leek and Ham pie
Serves 4, 11pp per serving
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 100g ham chunks
- 125g mushrooms, sliced
- 500g cooked chicken breast
- 60ml white wine
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 50g Creme Fraiche
- 250ml chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- Fry the leeks and mushrooms in a little oil until softened.
- Stir in creme fraiche, flour and the white wine until combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the chicken, ham and stock and stir together.
- Season well and taste.
- Spoon into oven dish, cover with the pastry and trim abound the edges.
- Brush the pastry with a little egg.
- Bake in the oven for approx 45 mins at 200 degrees until pastry is golden brown on top.
- I love eating this with lots of yummy cabbage but if your starving you could eat it with mash too!