Happy Easter everybody! I always find easter a funny holiday! Im very aware of the religious aspects of this time of year but I choose not to take part in these. So it would be very easy to let the day pass me by. Or at least it would be…if England wasn’t obsessed with Easter! Everywhere I go there are easter eggs, cards, chick shaped cakes, bunny shaped chocolate and so on!
Having discovered several weeks ago that some friends intended to visit this weekend, I decided to get into the spirit of things and have them over for a traditional roast dinner. I was asked to make roast beef, which was fine by me, but decided to experiment with the other courses! The menu was as follows:
Starter: Thai chicken cakes on a bed of stir fried vegetables
Main: Traditional roast beef, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, braised cabbage, sauteéd peppers and onion and maple glazed carrots
Dessert: Strawberry trifle loaf with lime meringues and strawberry yoghurt
For today, im just going to post the starter recipe!
Thai Chicken Cakes
Serves 6, Estimated PP 3 per serving
- 500g Chicken Breast meat
- Handfull Coriander
- 1 small onion
- teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- grated rind of half a lime
- In a food processor, blitz the onion until finely chopped
- Add the coriander, ginger and lime to make a paste.
- Add the chicken breast meat and process in batches until its in a smooth minced mixture.
- Form into 18 small cakes
- Pan fry for approx. 3-4 mins either side.
- Serve on a bed of stir fried vegetables with soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime wedges.