Sometimes you just need to rustle up dinner really quickly and with very little fuss. Whether its been a rough day at work or you just get home late, everyone has days when they don’t feel like cooking. This is a dish for one of those times. Its tasty, fast and healthy. It can also be easily multiplied! Always a good thing in my book. It is slightly thrown together, I’m sorry about the terrible picture! It just proves its the perfect midweek dinner!
Serves 2, 10pp per person
- 160g fresh egg pasta or 120g dried pasta
- 1/2 a head of broccoli (I love broccoli, you could use less)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 or 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- Sprinkling of dried chilli flakes (to taste)
- 20g Freshly grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 2 Tbsn half fat creme fraiche
- Cut broccoli into small florets. You do want the broccoli to be soft so it will cook faster if its small. Put into a saucepan with boiling water and boil for about 8 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile get your pasta on to boil. Fresh pasta will only take two or three minutes but dried will take longer. When your pasta is cooked, reserve a cup of the pasta cooking water.
- About 2 mins before the pasta and brocolli are ready, heat a frying pan. Add your tablespoon of of oil. Add the chopped garlic and anchovies and brown but do not burn. Add the chilli flakes.
- When your pasta and brocolli are ready, toss everything into the pan and stir to coat in the olive oil.
- Turn off the pan and add your cheese, pasta water and some creme fraiche. Stir really well to coat the pasta. The broccoli will start to break up and coat the spaghetti too.
- Taste and season well, nothing worse than bland pasta! Serve.