This one is for my mum and dad. They know me so well. Last Christmas I was given a set of little Le Crueset casserole dishes in various shades of pink pastel. You could not wipe the smile off my face! Cute cooking equipment! What could be better!
As a result of this fab present, I have spent the last few months coming up with dishes that would work perfectly in my mini dishes.
Stews and currys serve nicely in these little gems. But my other half is slightly obsessed with pies at the moment so that is the real challenge! Satisfying him!
On the not of fantastic cookware, I have been lusting after this bad boy for a long time!
Chicken and leek pies:
Serves 2, PP per serving
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 125 ml white wine
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 100 g Philadelphia Light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp oil/cooking spray
- 1 sheets filo pastry
- Heat a large frying pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Fry chicken until browned
- Add leeks and fry until softened.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture to make a sauce. Stir in cream cheese and white wine until sauce is right consistancy. Stir in tarragon
- Cut filo pastry in half and brush with milk
- Spoon the chicken mixture into individual casseroles and scrunch filo pastry on top
- Cook in the oven for approx 20 mins until the filo is browned