Salmon is a lovely versatile fish. Initially I bought two fillets simply to oven bake them but this afternoon I got a notion that it wouldnt be tasty enough and so this recipe was the result of some experimentation. The topping may sound strange but it is tasty and really healthy!
Salmon and Broccoli Pie
Serves 2, Estimated PP 8
- 200g Fresh Salmon
- 200g Potato, cubed
- Head Broccoli
- 2 Large Carrots, chopped
- Teaspoon butter
- Teaspoon Flour
- 300ml milk
- Place salmon on an oven tray and oven bake until cooked, c. 20 mins
- Transfer to pie dish or lasagne dish once cooked and flake apart with a fork.
- Boil broccoli until almost cooked and transfer to dish
- Melt butter, stir in flour to make a roux. Whisk in milk. Bring to the boil stirring constantly
- Meanwhile boil carrot and potato until soft. Mash together until smooth, adding a little butter and salt.
- Pour sauce over salmon and broccoli and mix together until well coated.
- Top with carrot and potato mash and warm thoroughly in the oven.
- Serves with some green vegetables if desired