There is an outlet mall on the road between Dublin and Cork which is pretty much impossible to drive past, at least in my experience! It has some lovely brands and during festive periods, is so beautifully decorated that its even a nice place to stroll around with a hot chocolate.
There are few restaurants at the mall and so Dunne & Crecenzi is the main choice food wise. There are no complaints from me however, as one of my favorite dishes is the one below. Plenty of salmon, lemon, courgette and loads of black pepper. Creamy and rich, I’m not sure how healthy it is but is sure is delicous. This is my take on it.
Smoked Salmon, Lemon Courgette Spaghetti:
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- One lemon, rind finely grated and juice reserved.
- 50ml single cream
- 50ml white wine
- 1 medium courgette, sliced or cut into ribbons
- 60g smoked salmon, sliced into strips or chunks
- 120g Pasta
- freshly milled black pepper and salt
- Soften the onion in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the courgette to the pan and turn up the heat. Cook the courgette until it begins to become golden, turn and cook on the other side.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al-dente and drain.
- In the pan with the courgettes, stir in lemon zest, wine and cream. Add the smoked salmon and the pasta.
- Stir until pasta is well coated, taste and add a squeeze of lemon if necessary.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.