My favourite dessert in the world comes from a little gourmet store near where my parents live. It’s this cute little cottage, ages from the city and the food is to die for. Scrummy salads, fantastic brown bread and high quality “ready-meals”, though I would struggle to compare them with any supermarket ready meals, they are home cooked quality.
For me, their strong point is there beautiful desserts. From ice-creams and sorbet to divine tarts, they really have got it right! I have two favourites, both along the same lines. The first is their creamy and rich white chocolate and raspberry ice-cream. This provides the perfect accompaniment to the divine white chocolate and raspberry tart. This is a dish I have lusted over many a time and missed sorely since I moved to London.
In my cooking adventures, this is one I always hoped to recreate, but never dreamt Id get close. Today I tried it for the first time. It was tasty and quite similar but still needs a lot of work! I’m still very proud that I got even close to the right flavour! This does not come close to a healthy category but that’s not what it’s about. This is just for plain old food enjoyment!
White Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
For this one I used a basic sweet short crust pastry recipe I found online but you can always buy short crust pastry or even a ready-made tart case
The recipe below is for the filling but if anyone wants the recipe for short crust I can post it!
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 200g bar good quality white chocolate
- 142 ml carton double cream
- 400g raspberries
- Melt the chocolate and mascarpone together in a double boiler until liquid. Do not stir as it will become too gooey
- Once melted remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Whip the cream until if forms soft peaks.
- Gently fold into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in raspberries until well-distributed
- Spoon into pastry case and refrigerate for several hours until set.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or decorate with chocolate curls